Community Education Initiative | Overview
Boston Children's Hospital's Department of Medicine Patient Services is committed to increasing education in pediatric issues to community providers who care for them.
The following programs provide a comprehensive update of current trends and nursing/medical management of the pediatric population by Boston Children's Hospital specialists.
These programs are intended for:
- school nurses
- community healthcare providers
Pediatric Health Assessment for school nurses and health care providers
The event takes place from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Aug. 10 and 11 at the Four Points by Sheraton in Norwood. Find out more information about the event at this link.
Please take a moment to look over our Professional Development Program information. If you are looking to hold a program with us we would love to start the planning process. Program Information HERE!
Please note: If you want the months of September/October, ideally requests need to be into us by mid June.
CEI LECTURE SERIES 2021-2022
- Each session held LIVE via Zoom, $40 per session, 2.0 nursing contact hours/2.0 PDPs each session awarded upon completion of evaluation
- Time: 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. (EST)
- Purchase orders are accepted and must be emailed to email@example.com along with nurse’s name and email address
- All zoom access and handouts will be emailed out to all registered attendees the day before each program.
10/13/21 - Take Charge: Prevention and Management of Pediatric Button Battery & Magnet Ingestion
12/16/21 - Body Qigong: Managing Stress for Health & Healing by David Sholemson/3 Body Healing Arts
1/25/22 - Pediatric Neuromuscular Disorders
2/2/22 - Pediatric Neurology Update: Conversion Disorder/Psychogenic Seizures/SUDEP
2/9/22 - A Discussion of Children who have Spina Bifida and Cerebral Palsy
3/1/22 - Pediatric Kidney Disease, Dialysis and Post-transplant
3/17/21 - Children with Hearing Loss
April - Date TBD - Hematological Disorders including Sickle Cell Disease, Anemia and ITP
4/12/22 - Child Protective Team
AVAILABLE NOW! Please click HERE to go to website.
PEDIATRIC HEALTH ASSESSMENT SERIES
All of the health assessments listed below were recorded and are available online.
Please visit us HERE to register.
Bundle pricing is still available (10 for $200) please reach out to
Judi Naar for information on how to enroll with the special pricing.
THE SCHOOL NURSE AND COVID-19
Session I - COVID-19 Overview for School Nurses: What We Know Now:
Watch recording HERE (password to access is: 2s^1VrDW)
Session II - How to Protect Yourself and Others: PPE and Infection Control in Schools:
Watch recording HERE (password may be needed: 7Q8ai+X0 )
Session III - Caring for High Risk Students in the Time of COVID-19
Watch recording HERE (NO passcode needed)
Session IV - Self-Care and Supporting Others During the Era of COVID-19
Watch recording HERE (NO passcode needed)
How to Create Your Own Virtual Nurses Office
Watch recording HERE
- Return to School Tip Sheet (great info for nurses, teachers AND parents!)
- BCH Return to School COVID-19 Tool
- Virtual Nurses Office: sample of website created for Ellen Moy-Maneikis' (presenter for fourth session) school, Boston Latin
- Boston Children's Hospital COVID-19 resource page
- DESE Guidelines resource page
- Guidance from DPH Health
RETELL FOR SCHOOL NURSES – 3 courses available!
- Helping Families at the Crossroads of Limited English Proficiency and Low Health Literacy
- Refugee Trauma & Resilience
- Identifying & Supporting Students Who Are Homeless
Please visit: http://ceiretell.lendboston.org
WELLNESS FOR SCHOOL NURSES AND HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS
The Community Education Initiative is always looking to offer wellness programming for school nurses and community healthcare providers. This is an opportunity for renewal and to refresh your energies as a school nurse-for yourself and your students, colleagues and family!
We will provide an opportunity for you to learn new ways of incorporating balance in your life and the lives of others. Refresh your energy, renew your spirit, gain a new awareness and leave with a sense of relaxation. Come with an open heart and the intention to learn something new!
Stay tuned for more wellness opportunities during the 2021-2022 school year!
OTHER EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITES:
Check back later...
Click HERE for more info!
For questions about programs, contact:
Stephanie Porter, MSN, RN
Heather Engholm, RN, BSN, MPH
For questions about payment and registration, contact: