Treatments for Stridor in Children

What treatments are available for stridor? 

Specific treatment for stridor will be determined by your child's physician and may include:

  • referral to an ear, nose, and throat specialist (otolaryngologist) for further evaluation (if your child has a history of stridor)
  • surgery
  • medications by mouth or injection (to help decrease the swelling in the airways)

Depending on the severity of the stridor and what is causing it, hospitalization and emergency surgery may be necessary.