Brain Mind Behavior Center | Overview
The Boston Children's Hospital Brain, Mind & Behavior Center provides comprehensive and collaborative care for patients with neurodevelopmental and behavioral health (neuropsychiatric) conditions. This includes patients who are diagnosed with:
- neurodevelopmental disorders, such as autism spectrum disorder, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), learning disabilities, intellectual disabilities, and developmental disorders
- psychiatric disorders including anxiety, depression, psychosis, mania, and behavioral or trauma/stress-related problems
- complex neurological syndromes such as Rett syndrome, fragile X syndrome, Williams syndrome, and Down syndrome
The center is a collaboration between several of our pediatric specialties, including:
- Pediatric Neurology
- Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics
- Pediatric Neuropsychology
- Pediatric Neurobiology
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Clinical Child Psychology
- Radiology, Neuroradiology, and Radiology Research
We also work side-by-side with translational researchers to better understand the underlying mechanisms of the brain to develop innovative treatments for our patients.
Why choose the Brain, Mind & Behavior Center?
Our specialists in the Brain, Mind & Behavior Center bring together expert clinical care and science, removing traditional barriers to the rapid translation of scientific discoveries. This results in improved treatments for the children, teens, and young adults we serve.
Housed in our Boston Children’s Brookline location, our patients can visit with specialists from neurology, developmental medicine, and psychiatry in a single location, benefitting from the perspective of all providers as necessary in a welcoming, comforting, and more accessible environment.