Community Health Center Locations | Overview
Each Healthy in the City health center is a little different depending on their location, populations they serve, and staff expertise. Below are program highlights for each health center.
Boston Community Pediatrics
- offers healthy cooking, dance, and karate classes, as well as a Girls on the Run chapter
- collaborates with the YMCA, CommonWealth Kitchen, Project Restore Us, Elevate Youth, and City Fresh Foods to provide patients with healthy food in a consistent, dependable way
- integrates wellness into model of care through same-day consultations with director of wellness and care navigation
Bowdoin Street Health Center
- onsite wellness center and studio space for activities such as tennis and yoga
- Fit Kids and Fit Families programs engage kids and their families in fitness, hands-on cooking classes, and nutrition workshops, in six- and eight-week sessions
Brookside Community Health Center
- offers Cooking Matters cooking classes for children and caretakers, and also started a new class just for teens
Charles River Community Health
- located in Brighton and Waltham, CRCH provides participants with comprehensive welcome packets and offers Cooking Matters classes, group nutrition visits, referrals to Community Rowing Inc., and more
The Dimock Center
- hosts the Trustees Mobile Farmers Market every Thursday from 2 to 4 p.m. from July to November
East Boston Neighborhood Health Center
- offers after-school and summer fitness programs, cooking classes, grocery store field trips, and other community events
- also engages parents who want to learn more about supporting their children’s healthier lifestyles through programming such as nutrition education seminars and a parent walking group
Boston Children’s at Martha Eliot Health Center
- offers free Zumba classes and cooking classes
- Anyone can visit the Martha Eliot Health Center every other Thursday for $2 bags of fresh fruits and vegetables provided by Fair Foods.
Mattapan Community Health Center
- Healthy in the City participants at Mattapan Community Health Center have the option of participating in Saturday group sessions at the health center. The sessions include group physical fitness activities with an instructor. Children also have the opportunity to make fruit and veggie smoothies in the health center’s Nutrition Education Center.
South End Community Health Center
- The Pediatric Wellness Program collaborates with many organizations such as Fresh Truck, Cooking Matters, the Blackstone Community Center, Boston Bikes, and Playworks.
Southern Jamaica Plain Health Center
- The Health Promotion Center offers cooking classes, karate, and Zumba to families.
- Fair Foods and Fresh Truck work in collaboration with the health center to provide fresh fruits and vegetables to residents at the South Street housing development and Jamaica Plain community members.
Upham's Corner Health Center
- Healthy in the City families can get hands-on cooking experience in one of our six classes throughout the year.
- Participants also help design, plant, tend, and harvest vegetables in the raised-bed vegetable garden that is on site at the clinic.
- Families are connected with a variety of physical activity opportunities, including the YMCA, Boston Centers for Youth & Families, Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston, Healthworks Community Fitness at Codman, Jose Mateo Ballet Theatre, and VIP Summer Soccer.
- The health center hosts a Fair Foods site on the first and third Thursday of each month available to the entire community.