To become an active volunteer at Boston Children's Hospital, we ask that you successfully complete the onboarding process. Please review the following information to get a sense for what is required to become a volunteer. Keep in mind that registration normally takes four to six weeks to complete.
Onboarding (phase 1)
To start your application process, you will be asked to complete the following materials.
- online volunteer application
- reference form: This completed form should be emailed to the volunteer office at email@example.com.
Once we review your application and reference forms, we will reach out to schedule a Zoom interview. If applying for a current opportunity, please allow for three to four weeks for a response. If applying during a recruitment window, our office will respond by the date posted on our website.
Onboarding (phase 2)
Our onboarding process has both in-person and virtual components. Please be on the lookout for individual emails pertaining to each of the following requirements.
- occupational health appointment
- Massachusetts background check (CORI form)
- new hire online packet (Equifax)
- Symplr online orientation curriculum
- Sterling Talent Solutions online form (national background check)
Training session (Zoom)
We hold training sessions seasonally. When you apply, you will receive information on your training session options. Each session is held on Zoom. Make sure that you have submitted all onboarding materials by this date.
- To access your active schedule and view total service hours, please log into VicNet periodically.
- To maintain MYR "My Yearly Review" requirements and also explore new learning content, you can log into Symplr at any time.
- Your username is your six-digit Boston Children's ID number (not your volunteer sign-in PIN).